Why Give During Amplify Austin?
Feb 21, 2017 -
Calling all friends of PCHAS in the Austin area! It’s that time of year again: Amplify Austin
. Maybe you’ve heard the name before, but you’re not sure what it’s all about.
What is Amplify Austin?
is the annual community-wide day of online giving. The goal is to connect local donors with Austin area nonprofits to make a difference in the community. Amplify Austin is a 24-hour giving day, starting at 6 p.m. on Thursday, March 2 and ending at 6 p.m. on Friday, March 3.
Why should I give on Amplify Austin?
When you give to PCHAS on March 2 and 3, you’re helping us provide the following services to children and families in the Austin area:
- Foster Care
- PCHAS carefully screens, selects, trains, supervises and supports foster families, providing both emergency and long-term care for children. Our Fostering Connections program helps family members, such as grandparents, who care for a child. Our Foster-to-Adopt program helps foster parents become adoptive parents. For more information about our Foster Care Program, visit www.befosterproud.org.
- Through adoption, we help children find permanent, stable and loving families. For adoptive families, we provide comprehensive orientation, training and counseling services. We also provide services for birth moms, including legal assistance, counseling, and resources. Not only do we offer services during the adoption process, but we also provide post-adoption services. For more information about our Adoption Program, visit www.adoption.pchas.org.
- Child and Family Program
- The goal of our Child and Family Program is to help families in crisis stay together. Our masters-level specialists help families faced with threats to family unity, such as divorce, illness, violence, and homelessness by providing them with support, guidance and help. Our specialists help families identify strengths, develop goals, improve parenting and life skills, learn how to sustain healthy relationships, and much more. Over the past 10 years, our caring specialists have served more than 10,000 families.
- When a child lives in a dysfunctional situation, his or her education is often one of the first casualties. Our dedicated education team, made up of staff and tutors, spend countless hours supporting, mentoring and advocating for the children in our care.
By giving during Amplify
, you not only help local children and families, but you can help PCHAS win grand and hourly prizes that will make your gift go further!
How do I give on Amplify Austin?
Help us reach our goal of raising $10,000 for children and families in Austin by:
- Making your gift between 6 p.m. on March 2 and 6 p.m. on March 3 at https://amplifyatx.ilivehereigivehere.org/pchas/overview
The children and families we serve thank you for your support!
By Alyssa Rueter