Essential Job Functions:
- Provides a thorough Family Assessment and safety planning in the home, school environmentor other natural environment
- Develops a Treatment Plan with measurable goals, specific to the needs of the family andupdates the Plan monthly
- Provides education related to family functioning, i.e. child development, parenting skills andcoaching, communication skills, self- regulation too4ls, assertiveness training, etc.
- Case management activities including, but not limited to, crisis planning, school advocacy, referral, linkage, and collateral contactsPrepares Discharge Summaries and Aftercare Plans
- Maintains required documentation and client files according to standards and as required bypolicy and procedure, entering information in a timely and accurate mannerSupervisory Responsibilities:None for this position
- Working Conditions: Works weekly in a typical office setting for meetings, trainings, supervision, etc
- Works daily in homes, schools, and community settingsDrives an automobile on a routine basis in an urban area
- Must have the ability and energy to visit more than one family per day in order to meet productivity requirements
- Must participate in an on-call rotation with team members. Typically occurs 3 to 4 times per year, for only one week at a time
- Flexible Schedule, which require 2-3 evenings during the week to meet clients’ scheduling needs. Therapist manages their schedule, and may substitute evening work for weekend hours with supervisory approval.
Education and Experience: Case Therapists shall possess a master’s degree in Social Work, Psychology, or Counseling. Must beeither licensed or provisionally licensed in a clinical discipline, i.e. LCSW, LPC, etc.
At least two (2) years of therapy experience preferred. Also prefer experience in providing in-home therapy.
Skills: Must be able to communicate effectively verbally, and in writing with professionals and clients
Strong psychosocial assessment and decision making skills; possess good understanding of various treatment methodologies utilizing strength-based clinical interventions and evidence based practices
Excellent time management, organization, planning, and assertive communication skills. Ability to prioritize tasks and resolve conflict/problem-solve with minimal supervision.